AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty, Communication Disorders
Position DetailsPosition TypeAdjunctClassification TitleAdjunct Faculty - Communication DisordersPosition's Functional TitleAY20-21 Adjunct Faculty, Communication DisordersPosition Start DatePosition End Date (if temporary)Position Summary
Governors State University’s College of Health and Human Service seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach undergraduate and graduate courses and/or supervise students in external clinical practica in the Communication Disorders program. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are
1. to teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in areas of interest (including Voice/Resonance and Fluency Disorders); and/or
2. to serve as university supervisor of graduate students in external practica in speech-language pathology (i.e., serve as liaison between university and external practicum site).
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vitae, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in speech-language pathology
-CCC-SLP (for supervision of graduate students in clinical practicum)
-5 years of clinical experience as an SLP
-Experience supervising graduate students in clinical practicum in speech-language pathology
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in speech-language pathology?
- * Do you posess a CCC-SLP (for supervision of graduate students in clinical practicum)?
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university level?
- * How many years of experience supervising graduate students in clinical practicum in speech-language pathology?
- 0-3 years
- 4-6 years
- 7-9 years
- 9+ years
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Certification/Professional License
- List of References
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae