AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty, Marketing
Position DetailsPosition TypeAdjunctClassification TitleAdjunct FacultyPosition's Functional TitleAY20-21 Adjunct Faculty, MarketingPosition Start DatePosition End Date (if temporary)Position Summary
Governors State University’s College of Business seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach courses in Marketing. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach courses such as Marketing Management, Promotional Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Digital Marketing and Professional Selling. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course online and use appropriate software tools.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s or higher degree in Marketing, or an MBA with a specialization in Marketing.
- Substantial current managerial or executive experience (more than five years) in Advertising, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, or in a closely related field.
- Prior experience teaching Marketing Management, Promotional Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Professional Selling, or Marketing Logistics and Distribution at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- Ability to teach specific courses in Promotional Strategies, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Professional Selling, Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Ability to teach online using the Blackboard e-Learning platform.
- Certifications appropriate to the specific field of expertise.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s) in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of managerial or executive experience in Advertising, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, or in a closely related field do you have?
- 0-3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5-7 years
- 7-9 years
- 9+ years
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university level?
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please describe any experience you have teaching marketing courses such as Promotional Strategies, Marketing Management, International Marketing, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Professional Selling and Digital Marketing
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy