Health Education Coordinator
Posting Date: July 2, 2020 Posting End Date: September 2, 2020
Position: Health Education Coordinator Department: Student Health Services
Status: Full time, Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Health Education Coordinator will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Plan programs to address community health education on COVID-19 and other health issues.
- Develop and present public health education and promotion programs, such as training workshops and community presentations on college student and community health issues.
- Work with Communications & Marketing to develop educational materials for distribution.
- Advise students, faculty, and administration on social and educational issues.
- Work with Institutional Effectiveness to develop, conduct, and coordinate health need assessment and other public health surveys.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in health science, public health, education or related field.
- Understanding of public health and college health issues.
- Experience with health education and promotion.
- Exceptional organizational skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assist distressed individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
- Advanced ability to coordinate efforts, facilitate intervention, and maintain records.
- Advanced proficiency in English, additional languages would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express, data entry, and other software
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered as an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Applications are available at the following link: https://www.tuskegee.edu/Content/Uploads/Tuskegee/files/HR/Fillable-TU-EMPLOYMENT-APPLICATION.pdf.
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information. Copies of unofficial transcripts must also be submitted (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet for consideration of the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Completed applications may be mailed or submitted electronically to:
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.