Adjunct Faculty - Higher Educational & Learning Technologies
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-07-02
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty - Higher Educational & Learning TechnologiesAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentHigher Ed & Learning TechProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Higher Education & Learning Technologies is hiring Adjunct Faculty to serve in a temporary non tenure-track position to instruct up to 7 semester credit hours within the discipline. The Adjunct Faulty will be required to teach courses, advise students, and work cooperatively with department faculty and staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach 1-2 undergraduate, masters or doctoral level courses in higher education, educational technology, and workforce learning and development.
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver online instruction;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement and improve the department’s curricular offerings;
- Provide service to the department, college, university, and relevant outside communities;
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current research trends, best practices, and technological advances in distance education.
- Education: Master’s degree or Doctorate in higher education, adult education, educational technology, library science, or a closely-related field or discipline, with 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Experience with LMS and online teaching. Strong interpersonal and intercultural understanding. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to excellence in teaching and challenging students to do their best work.
- Ability to: Work collaboratively with department colleagues. Commitment to student development and success.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None.
- Physical Requirements: None.
- Other Requirements: None.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Proven university-level teaching effectiveness, particularly with online classes. Responsiveness to student learning needs.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.