Adjunct Faculty - Skilled Trades & Technology Division
Job SummaryThe Skilled Trades & Technology Division is seeking adjunct faculty. We have a need for faculty able to teach online, hybrid and /or morning, afternoon, evening hours and /or weekends in the areas of:
- Heavy Equipment OperatorConstruction Technology (preferably with concrete experience, Signal Peak Campus)Welding (Signal Peak Campus)Manufacturing (Signal Peak Campus)Electrical (Apache Junction Campus)
- Teach assigned classes in accordance with college policy and in a variety of potential modalities (e.g., face-to-face, online, hybrid, Interactive Television (iTv), Weekend College, accelerated, evening or late start classes) on any campus, site or center as directed by division chair or program director.Provide and present information, content, and context through lecture, laboratory, recitation, seminars and/or other learning venues utilizing a variety of teaching/learning styles as appropriate to the course content.Employ a variety of assessment tools; evaluate grades and comment on student work in a timely fashion in order to facilitate and ensure student progress throughout the course.Communicate with students as appropriate. This may include email, online discussions, virtual chats within the Learning Management System, instant messaging (IM), telephone and/or face-to-face consultations to provide frequent feedback. Refer students to appropriate college and community services when needed.Communicate to students when and how they will be available to assist students outside of scheduled class time.Maintain records of student progress and performance; complete and return required reports to the appropriate office by established due date.Develop, prepare and evaluate instructional materials, as required by chair or director.Write and develop syllabi and course calendars, in accordance with college policy.Review and update course outlines and syllabi, and provide input on text selection when appropriate, in cooperation with other faculty and appropriate division chair or program director as necessary.Collaborate with division chair, program director, other faculty and other programs to review and maintain the integrity of the curriculum within established college timelines or more frequently if necessary.Assist in recruitment and retention of students through the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategies primarily in the instructional setting.
2. College/Community Service and Shared Governance:
- Recognize the goals and mission of the college to maintain a positive professional and educational environment that promotes student success and enhances community relations.
3. Professional Development:
- Are invited to attend and participate in professional development activities.Cultivate development of instructional programs and knowledge of trends, pedagogy, andragogy, and new technologies.Participate in the evaluation process as defined by Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in any field and 3 years work experience in the discipline, or Associates degree in any field and 5 years work experience in the discipline, or license and/or recognized certification in the discipline or subfield and 5 years work experience in the discipline or 64 semester credit hours in the discipline and 5 years work experience in the discipline.
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)Resume or Curriculum VitaeUnofficial Transcripts
Official transcripts are not necessary during the application process; however if hired, official transcripts will be required to be sent directly to the Talent Development office from the Institution where the degree was granted.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) http://www.naces.org/members.htm
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
The rate of pay for Adjunct Faculty for the 2020-2021 Academic Year is $736.00 per credit hour.
Please note: Your application materials will remain in the part-time pool for one year from date of receipt. This does not imply application for a full-time teaching position. If a full-time position becomes available, you must submit new materials for the advertised position.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Be current in subject area and possess the ability to develop, prepare, and evaluate instructional materials that promote learning, along with the willingness to utilize alternative teaching techniques and instructional technology where appropriate.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.