Camper Registration Assistant
Position: Camper Registration Assistant Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 527 # of Openings: 1 HONEYROCK - CAMPER REGISTRATION ASSISTANT
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION 20 HOURS PER WEEK / 12 MONTHS PER YEARResponsibilities:This position reports to the Camp Programs Director to fulfill the mission, vision, and commitments of HoneyRock by serving as the registration coordinator and program assistant for HoneyRock’s camper events. The primary responsibility is to ensure that HoneyRock is providing our camper families with excellent, timely communication, information and service as they go through the process of considering and registering for our programs. This is a permanent, part-time position located in Wheaton, IL or Three Lakes, WI. Functions:
- Customer Relations & Communication: The Camper Registration Assistant is the “voice of HoneyRock camper programs” to our constituents. The Camper Registration Assistant must communicate promptly, thoroughly and accurately with constituents via phone, email, mail and other forms of communication. When necessary, the Camper Registration Assistant will work to accurately promote HoneyRock programs to interested parties.
- Registration: Coordinate all aspects of the camper constituent registration, contracting, and billing process including data entry, mailings, communications, camper scholarships, and receivables.
- Program Support and Communication:Provide information and materials for program coordination and planning (cabin lists, transportation info, missing info, etc.). Participate in program team meetings as needed. Coordinate with Northwoods’ staff to ensure program needs are met and constituent concerns are addressed.
- Database Coordination & Integrity: Have thorough knowledge of the database system in order to utilize it to serve HoneyRock most effectively. Collaborate with both the Student Registration Assistant and Retreat Program Supervisor to manage data and steward information effectively.
- Marketing Assistance:Work with Marketing Specialist and Program team to update website, brochures, forms and other important constituent information as needed throughout the year.
- Reporting: Provide HoneyRock leadership with accurate and timely reports (financial, demographic, attendance, retention, etc.) that inform management decisions.
- Bus Check-in & Camper Transportation Facilitator:Recruit staff, organize/perform effective training and oversee the efficient execution of all camper and student check-in events. Supply staff teams with training and materials (e.g. reports) needed to perform check-in. Coordinate with Wheaton College staff and vendors (e.g. Subway) supporting or affected by check-in. Manage all transport lists, missing info and coordination of travel plans for camper charter bus service and flights.
- Interface with Wheaton College Departments: Work with appropriate Wheaton College departments as needed to meet HoneyRock priorities, goals and functions.
- General Office Tasks: Assist the Program team with basic administrative tasks. Support the Southwoods’ office staff with receptionist duties (e.g. answering phone, greeting students).
- Resource:Serve as a resource for any additional functions.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and accept supervision.
- Skills in organization/administration and customer relations.
- Computer and data entry skills: Database management, MS Office and website proficiency.
- Passion for camp ministry and ability to communicate HoneyRock’s uniqueness to others.
- Commitment to working at HoneyRock 4-6 times during summer.