Research ScientistJob no: 505629
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grant
Applications Open: Jun 30 2020
General Summary of Position:
The essential purpose of this position is to supplement the PI’s technical expertise in neurophysiology and create a strong scientific and professional management team for training and educating undergraduate and graduate researchers in biomedical engineering.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD or MD
- 3+ years conducting pre-translational research in the field of neurophysiology (or closely related)
- 3+ years collecting and analyzing/interpreting extracellular electrophysiological recordings
- 3+ years of experience in animal models of neuropathophysiology
- Considerable experience in aseptic cell culture techniques
- Survival animal surgery, extracellular action potential recordings, EAP data analysis programs (NeuroExplorer or similar), immunohistochemistry,
- Excellent writing skills
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for ONE year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.