HSCA Experiential Learning Coordinator
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
The Health Sciences Collegiate Academy (HSCA) is an accelerated academic program offering Lake County high school students the opportunity to explore careers in the STEM and health sciences fields through hands-on activities and early exposure to college courses, and is a unique educational partnership among Lake-Sumter State College, South Lake Hospital, Lake County Schools, Montverde Academy, and the University of Central Florida.
Are you interested in helping students achieve their dreams? Do you want to have summers off each year? If so, we invite you to apply for the HSCA Experiential Learning Coordinator position. This position serves as the lead educator for health science simulation. They will manage the Health Science Simulation suite which includes activities for the HSCA students and the LSSC nursing programs. This is a 10-month position. They will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate experiential activities that promote professional and continuing education for HSCA students. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC's values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and manage on-campus and off-site experiential learning and speakers for the HSCA coordinating with hospitals, health care professionals, public health departments, and STEM employers to create and maintain partnerships, ensure safety/compliance, provide shadowing/observations for professional school, and track student progress.
2. Work collaboratively with Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Business Services, HSCA Partners, and community members to effectively implement HSCA program outcomes.
3. Work collaboratively with the HSCA team to prepare for and host student recruitment events, plan student events, distribute and collect textbooks, and respond to general HSCA inquiries.
4. Maintain inventory of student supplies, manage simulation equipment used by the HSCA, including maintenance, training, and supplies, manage student files, and update HSCA databases.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Master’s degree.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of medical education, licensed practitioner, or other related experience.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Preferred: Health Practitioner License (LPN, RN, EMT, Paramedic, PA, MD/DO, etc.) and/or Certified Instructor of First Aid/CPR. CPR/First Aid may be earned after start but before student instruction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of experiential learning theories, professional development services, employment trends, and clinical and academic environments, especially as they relate to healthcare and STEM fields.
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, and employers.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities.