AY20/21 Adjunct Faculty, Social Work
Position DetailsPosition TypeAdjunctClassification TitleAdjunct Faculty, Social WorkPosition's Functional TitleAY20/21 Adjunct Faculty, Social WorkPosition Start Date08/16/2020Position End Date (if temporary)08/15/2021Position Summary
Governors State University’s College of Health and Human Services seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach BSW and MSW Foundation Level courses and Field Practicum and Integrative Seminars. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to have extensive practice experience, knowledge in the assigned teaching area and participate in all related curricular meetings as needed.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vitae, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Minimum two years Post MSW Practice Experience
-Teaching Experience of one year minimumPosting Date06/25/2020Closing Date07/31/2021Open Until FilledYesPosting NumberFA0340PType of SearchExternalQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.govst.edu/postings/5321Employee IDDepartmentPlaceholderSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Master's Degree in Social Work?
- * Do you have two years post-MSW practice experience?
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the graduate level?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- Letter of Recommendation
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation