Adjunct Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Instructor - MJC - POOL
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdjunct Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Instructor - MJC - POOLSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $58.21 – $93.06
Doctorate Range: $68.60 to 95.51
Personnel new to the District are limited to a maximum 10th step placement based on previous experience: $90.37.Benefits
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation benefits; this classification is not eligible for District paid benefits.Scope of Assignment
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean for the discipline, the successful applicant will provide Emergency Medical Services (EMS) lecture and/or laboratory instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; evaluate progress of students; advise students concerning educational matters, and perform other related duties as assignedMinimum Qualifications
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experienceDesirable Qualifications
Current experience as a paramedic.Desirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
Teach lower division college courses in Emergency Medical Services (EMS); preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at: https://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/employmentopportunities/
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
Please note: The District does not integrate with the third party service of Interfolio; therefore, reference letters must be submitted along with the application documents required.
District has adopted equivalency procedures which enables applications by individuals who may not meet the qualifications listed above. If the applicant does not directly meet THE minimum qualifications, the equivalency form must be included with application. For more information on equivalency, go to https://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
Choose: Equivalency Policy and Procedures. When requesting equivalency, attach a completed “Determination of Equivalency” form along with the equivalency application documents required.
Only online application packets will be accepted including:
• YCCD Administrative online application
• Personal letter of interest
• List of Professional References
• Unofficial Transcripts
Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by email or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
TRANSCRIPTS: At the time an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts. Instructors with advanced degrees and coursework shall be attached during the application process. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
FOREIGN DEGREES: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association. A copy of the evaluation must be attached during the application process. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. YCCD BP 3410 Nondiscrimination can be found at:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses