AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty of Information Technology
Adjunct Faculty of Information TechnologyPosition's Functional Title:
AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty of Information TechnologyPosition Summary:
Governors State University seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates for the College of Arts and Sciences to teach courses in Information Technology. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach Information Technology courses such as Visualization Concepts, OS Vulnerabilities and Hardening, Cryptography, and Cybersecurity Concepts. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course online and use appropriate software tools such as Blackboard.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field is required.
- Two years of teaching or in field professional employment.
- Possesses excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and prior higher-education teaching experience are preferred.
- Industry CertificatesPosting Date:
07/31/2021Open Until Filled:
FA0334PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting: