IT Support Analyst, Senior
Job Title: IT Support Analyst, Senior
Location: Education Technology Consortm
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 604970
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
***This position is being re-opened. If you have already applied, you do not need to re-apply.***
While this position is based in Flagstaff, it requires substantial travel throughout Arizona. It is a full-time position, but work hours vary with project needs.
Remote work option within the state of Arizona.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Furlough/Pay Reduction Program
Northern Arizona University has implemented a salary reduction with personal flex time program in fiscal year 2021, as a result of COVID-19. It is possible for this position to be subject to this program. Details can be found on the HR website.
The Education Technology Consortium provides software support and technical services to school districts and charter schools (K-12) within the state of Arizona. As part of the ETC Network team, this position is responsible for equipment installations, ongoing maintenance and support of a variety of network equipment, software support, and working with both the technical and non-technical staff at supported sites to resolve network and desktop/tablet related problems.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with users via telephone, email, or in person to solve problems with ETC supported software and hardware.
- Provide frontline support for day to day operations and procedures. Assist senior engineers with projects as needed.
- Provide support for technology used in schools and classrooms such as maintenance of laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, and desktops. Update OS, ensure connectivity, install applications, and push out secure browsers for standardized testing.
- Research, diagnose, and resolve connectivity problems, including possible hardware failures, as well as usage problems relating to server, network, and/or internet connectivity.
- Manage and monitor daily backup jobs for remote sites. Manage and monitor Antivirus for remote sites. Report and mitigate virus outbreaks as needed. Maintain updates to software. Manage and support site-based content filters.
- Assist senior engineers in reviewing, patching, and maintaining the health and security of server related equipment for hosted and remote sites.
- Perform supported site health checks to proactively respond to potential problems and prevent service outages and trouble reports.
- Participate in the installation of hardware, software and control elements of the network. Install, configure, and maintain a broad spectrum of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless devices, VoIP phone systems, disk arrays, and backup systems.
- Install and support various Microsoft services in both standard and virtual environments: IIS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, and print/file services.
- Provide support for vendors and clients using our application hosting services. Manage Citrix clients, user accounts and rights, application/SQL/IIS and other servers.
- Work with senior engineers to install application updates as requested by hosted sites, applying database commands supplied by the vendor and reporting results to client and vendor, providing backups as requested by sites to vendors via secured transmission.
- Maintain a clear understanding of applications and services developed in-house to enhance and increase the efficiency of ETC services.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience working with information technology in an office environment; or
- Associates degree and three years of experience working with information technology in an office environment; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with MS servers, Active Directory, group policy, and a variety of client operating systems
- Experience with network backup systems, antivirus products, and content filters
- Experience with a variety of networking equipment and phone systems
- Network certifications
- Must have excellent telephone and personal communication skills
- Must have ability to provide quality service to meet customer expectations and maintain internal and external customer relations.
- Ability to work with clients of varied cultural backgrounds
- Customer service and help desk experience required
- Must be comfortable with Windows OS, IOS, Chromebooks/GSuite, and MS Office products
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.