Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Wheeling University - Wheeling, WVPosition Type SeasonalEducation Level Graduate DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift AnyJob Category EducationDescription
Wheeling University is seeking applicants for adjunct faculty for the following areas of 2020-2021 instruction starting in Fall 2020. All applicants must have a Master degree or higher with some non-Master candidates eligible with specific industry and/or business training certifications, licensures and workforce management experience. Online teaching experience in Blackboard or a comparable LMS is required. Blackboard Teaching Practitioner Certification preferred. Ability and willingness to manage student internships, site placements, and applied work projects is also preferred for all disciplines and positions.
Adjunct faculty to teach part-time in the Biology department.
- Serve as a mentor to students
- Teach courses within the Biology department
- Perform other assigned and related tasks as directed by the Program Chair/Dean
- Master’s degree or higher in Biology and/or in any Science field required.
- Teaching and Lab Science disciplines include: Microbiology, Genetics, Organic Chemistry, Integrated Science.
- Prior experience as an instructor in secondary or higher education preferred.