Adjunct, Criminal Justice
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Wheeling University - Wheeling, WVPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift AnyJob Category EducationDescription
Wheeling University is seeking applicants for adjunct faculty for the following areas of 2020-2021 instruction starting in Fall 2020. All applicants must have a Master degree or higher with some non-Master candidates eligible with specific industry and/or business training certifications, licensures and workforce management experience. Online teaching experience in Blackboard or a comparable LMS is required. Blackboard Teaching Practitioner Certification preferred. Ability and willingness to manage student internships, site placements, and applied work projects is also preferred for all disciplines and positions.
Adjunct faculty to teach part-time in the undergraduate Criminal Justice program
- Serve as a mentor to students
- Teach courses within the Criminal Justice department
- Perform other assigned and related tasks as directed by the Program Chair/Dean.
All applicants must provide the following:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- A listing of prior courses taught, the dates when the courses were taught, and the locations where they were taught
- A copy of transcripts from all schools awarding degrees to the applicant (official copies preferred)
- A list of references to include three (3) personal references and contacts at prior places of employment listed on the c.v.
- Master’s degree in Criminal Justice or non-master level professionals with significant (5-20 years) field experience will also be considered.
- Teaching disciplines may include: Law Enforcement, Public Safety and Security, and Loss Prevention.
- Prior experience as an instructor in secondary or higher education preferred.