Facilities Electrician Technician IV
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
We invite candidates to apply for the Facilities Electrician Technician IV position. The Facilities Electrician Technician IV will focus primarily on electrical troubleshooting and repairs of components such as commercial lighting, outlets and fixed equipment. Other tasks will include the ability to provide new power such as branch circuits and electrical outlets as needed. The Technician will also need to have some basic knowledge of other maintenance areas such as minor plumbing, caulking, painting, construction, etc. Requires a Journeyman Electrician License from the State of Florida. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC's values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
1. Troubleshoot and repair various electrical problems on all campuses.
2. Replace burnt out light bulbs, outlets, switches and ballast. Troubleshoot tripped circuits and reset breakers once corrective action to prevent an overload of that circuit has been corrected.
3. Install new circuits as needed to meet the needs of staff and student programs.
Replace outdated light fixtures with efficient LED light fixtures.
4. Perform preventive maintenance/ safety inspections on college vehicles. Perform PM/ inspections on emergency light fixtures, fire extinguishers and life safety equipment.
5. Update work orders in the LSSC system and update management of issues that prevent completion of assigned work orders.
6. Participate in department meetings and complete all mandatory training.
7. Rotate as on call technician for after hours unscheduled repairs.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Minimum High School/GED, Trade school certifications a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum five (5) to eiaght (8) years relevant experience.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Required: Valid Journeyman Electrician License recognized by the State of Florida. Valid Florida State Driver's License.
- Posses a Journeyman's electrical licence.
- Must have a mechanical/ maintenance background.
- Ability to work safely with various hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently but also recognize situations that are not safe to perform by yourself and contact the supervisor for assistance.
- Have a valid Florida drivers license
- Ability to demonstrate LSSC Service Standards of Excellence. Respect, Competence, Responsiveness and Collaboration.
- Facilities Management employees are required have a personal cell phone.