Department:: Information Technology
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Jun 10, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-time Non-Exempt
Ref. No.:: 2431
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Install, configure, repair, and maintain device communications such as access control controllers/readers, servers, transaction terminals, video surveillance and alarm equipment, ID card production equipment, digital signage equipment, television distribution equipment, network switches, access points and phone devices (analog, mobile and VOIP).
- Assist with infrastructure system design, analysis, and development. Make recommendations for improvements and upgrades to systems, equipment, and IT services.
- Ensures all equipment is up-to-date and operating effectively; makes repairs as necessary, including purchasing, receiving, and RMA's. Implements preventative maintenance program and regular hardware inspection.
- Manage vendors installation, quality, and repair of systems.
- Supports Campus Police, and other administrative and academic departments with multiple integrated systems
- In partnership with the Help Desk, identifies, investigates, and resolves complex problems
- Maintains a high level of quality customer service standards responding to questions and problems. Actively works with colleagues to create a welcoming and user-centered environment in which a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff can thrive.
- Maintains documentation including diagrams, annotated building floor plans, workflows and configuration information.
- Participates in staff meetings, technical discussions and negotiations with other departments.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): AS in Engineering or Networking
- Preferred Degree(s): BS in Engineering or Networking
- Required Field of Expertise: A minimum of 5 years of experience working on or with electronic control systems, IT infrastructure, wireless and associated protocols, Wireless networking, RF management, electronic control systems
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Security, networking, FCC licensing
- Preferred Training/Cert: Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP)
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver's license
- Required to be on call 24/7 as needed with other team members to respond to critical issues or critical events involving AIC systems.
- A solid understanding of RF communications, including but not limited to interference, antenna selection and placement. Knowledge of FCC licensing is a plus.
- A strong knowledge of electrical circuits preferred, including the use of electrical testing equipment to troubleshoot and repair low voltage components and systems.
- Experience with using software including card-access control, camera security, and wireless (RF) management and tools.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a series of complex and interdependent work assignments
- Ability to work individually, and within teams a multifaceted organization.
- Must have strong attention to detail, demonstrated resourcefulness, analytical ability, and ingenuity.
- Commitment to customer service and inclusivity, including strong interpersonal skills.
- Possesses integrity, ethics and respect for confidentiality.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation. Comfortable working on a ladder.
- Frequently twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls
- Daily travel on campus to departments/buildings or to local off-campus locations is also required.
This is a full-time, non-exempt level, benefit eligible position. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm with a one hour unpaid lunch, flexible to the needs of the department. This position is required to be on call 24/7 as needed with other team members to respond to critical issues or critical events involving AIC systems.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.