Physician Specialist (Psychiatry Outpatient)
Physician Specialist (Psychiatry Outpatient) Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202005294821 % Part Time 8AM - 5PM Commensurate with Experience Position Information Under general direction, the Physician Specialist practices medicine in an outpatient psychiatry office. Diagnose and treat illness; completes examinations; counsels and instructs patients; instructs and educates trainees and/ or staff; and may assist in public relations efforts.
This is a Per Diem appointment. Per Diem Physician Specialists are hourly paid appointees whose primary purpose is clinical service. These appointments have a variable schedule and cannot exceed 43%. These appointments may be on a pre-scheduled basis or as needed on a day-to-day basis as determined by the University.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and area of specialty. The successful candidates will be placed on the appropriate salary range based on years of experience ranging from the hourly rate of $95.00 - $144.97. Minimum Requirements 1. Possession of the legal requirements for the practice of medicine in California as determined by the California Medical Board.
2. Board-Certification as determined by the American Board of Medical Specialties. At least one year of practice exclusive of internship / residency.
3. Maintenance of California Medical License, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) prescribing number, and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
4. Must meet UC credentialing requirements.
5. Strong background and skills in clinical practice, clinical teaching, and managed care.
6. Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to work effectively with staff and patients from diverse ethnic/racial backgrounds, educational levels, sexual orientations and identities.
8. Ability to stay abreast of new medical knowledge, and to maintain and increase expertise and skills as relevant to clinical practice.
9. Ability to work independently under general direction and to work collaboratively with others. Preferred Qualifications Computer proficiency and first-hand experience in using electronic health records systems to document patient interactions and coordinate care. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position