RESEARCH ASSISTANT II
Position DetailsJob TitleRESEARCH ASST IIPosition Number8150370Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusNon-ExemptCampusMaywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment NamePHYSIOLOGYLocation CodePHYSIOLOGY (06240A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? YesDuties and Responsibilities
- Performs experiments as instructed by Principal Investigator. Will receive training to be able to perform techniques required in experiments. May include tissue or cell cultures and animal surgery.
- Performs basic lab tasks required to complete experiments. May include preparation of reagents solutions, buffers and media.
- Gathers, organizes and records data. Performs simple analysis of results. May assist with Library and/or electronic research.
- Monitors inventory of essential lab supplies and order additional supplies as necessary. Maintains orderly record of purchases.
- Helps maintain a safe and orderly lab environment.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelors Degree
Preferred: Masters Degree
Specify Degree(s): Biological or physical sciences
Required: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Preferred: 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- B.S. or B.A. in Biological or Physical Sciences.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
Work consists of duties involving several related sequential steps, processes or methods. Duties require consideration of factors and conditions that are apparent and readily verifiable. Work has moderate impact on a specific area. Substantial impact on student or patient well-being, comfort or convenience. Specific, detailed instruction provided for new or difficult assignments. Employee performs recurring tasks independently. Loyola is committed to providing care that is safe. It is expected that all Loyola employees will perform their job function in a professional and competent manner that constantly seeks to reduce the risk of harm to patients, families and co-workers. Loyola is committed to the continuous improvement of the services it provides to its patients and their families. All Loyola employees are expected to participate in quality improvement activities. Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment. Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
Personal Relationships: Routine job with interpersonal contact
Internal Contacts: Within Department, Physicians, Students, Management, Faculty
External Contacts: Vendors, Visitors
Working Conditions: Normal light, heat, air and space in work environment, Occasional exposure to unpleasant physical conditions and/or health & safety hazards
Occasionally: Walking, Sitting
Frequently: Standing, Reaching with Arms, Finger/Hand Dexterity, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting/Carrying (Up to 25 lbs)
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? YesPhysical DemandsRepetitive MotionsWorking ConditionsAnimalsOpen Date09/11/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/12272Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have at least 1 year of previous job-related experience?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application