A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for adjunct faculty who will manage and mentor residents and ASDOH students to assure attainment of clinical competency, teach students the fundamentals of Periodontic Dentistry, and teach residents periodontal skill beyond the pre-doc level.Job duties include:
- Mentoring and evaluating residents and students in Periodontal dentistry.
- Establish procedures for periodontal discipline.
- Coordinate with Associate Clinical Director, Associate Dean, Post-doctoral Education on resident experiences.
- Assurance of residents & patient safety- reporting deficiencies to Associate Dean, Post-doctoral Education.
- Assure clinical competency for residents in Periodontal dentistry.
1. Track resident progress toward attainment of clinical competency and communicate progress & deficiencies on a periodic basis to the Associate Clinical Director.Skills/Experience:
2. Assurance of patient and resident safety and report any deficiencies to the Associate Dean.
3. Complete administrative reports as needed.
4. Coordinate with the Associate Clinical Director, Associate Dean, and Post-doctoral Education on resident experiences.
5. Provide advanced periodontal surgery services for patients facilitating competency treatment plans for residents (i.e. teaching cases).
6. Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to be self-directed and take initiative.
- Must be highly skilled in Periodontics and Clinical teaching skills.
- Minimum of at least five years experience in private practice where periodontal is performed is required.
- At least five years experience in a dental teaching environment is preferred.
- DDS or DMD required.