Job Title: Clinical Instructor
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 33781
We are searching for two individuals to fill twelve month Clinical Instructor positions the Family Access Center for Excellence (FACE) of Boone County, Missouri. FACE is a direct community service center funded by the Boone County Children Services Fund. It is affiliated with the University of Missouri’s Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology, the Missouri Prevention Science Institute, the Department of Psychological Sciences, and the School of Social Work. FACE is an innovative approach to coordinating and improving the mental and physical health, well-being, and safety of children and families in Boone County, MO in a manner that is transparent and promotes client/family direct involvement and choice in the development and implementation of treatment plans.
Job Duties: Clinical Instructors will:
- Implement evidence based assessment, youth evaluations, and linkages to other agencies.
- Provide intensive case management services to oversee the follow through and implementation of service plans (i.e., execution of referrals, reducing barriers to service acquisition of psychiatry services, etc.)
- Support prevention activities and training in the community.
- Support clinical practicum placement, training, and supervision of graduate students.
- Masters level, Specialist, or Doctoral degree in School Psychology, Social Work, Clinical Psychology or related field at the time of appointment.Experience working in community settings, implementing evidence-based assessment and interventions, and coordinating clinical services for youth.
- Ability to implement and coordinate clinical services Ability to communicate across multiple disciplines Communication, organizational, and management skillsProvide clinical supervision to graduate students Ability to provide service to the program, department, college, and the profession
- Certification or Licensure in specialization area
Formal review of applications will begin July 15, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.Other Information About MPSI: MPSI is a campus Center at the University of Missouri focused on improving the lives of youth, adults, and families through the application of prevention science methods. Faculty members from across campus contribute to the MPSI mission and many full-time and part-time staff and graduate students contribute to these efforts. Annual expenditures for externally funded projects are approximately $5 million with funded projects focused on rigorous evaluation of interventions, training, and public service. Our research portfolio has increased significantly in recent years, and is poised for continued significant strategic growth. MPSI is a leader on the campus and is nationally recognized for its high quality research and innovative intervention development. More information on MPSI can be found at: http://moprevention.org/.
Salary Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.Appointment: Unranked and non-regular, twelve-month appointmentBenefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: