Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-06-05
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Department Specific Functions
The Manager, Communications manages the development and execution of UOnline’s communications strategies to further the University’s mission and goals. UOnline, is the University’s centralized online education platform. Moreover, the incumbent collaborates with other departments to ensure a unified message that advances institutional strategic objectives.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with management to develop and execute organizational communication and market branding strategies. Designs and implements information campaigns.
- Develops and edits advertising, print and digital collateral, social media, and email marketing content.
- Oversees website management and content development.
- Monitors the content of all press releases and other internal and external communications.
- Assists in marketing budget development and cost tracking.
- Aids in the preparation of presentations and/or speeches geared towards targeted audiences.
- Provides supervision and direction to staff and works in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Collaborates with key University and external stakeholders regarding organizational developments.
- Creates strategies to increase program awareness and drive student enrollments.
- Acts as liaison to and maintains positive relationships with the media and other interested parties.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues and developing content for multiple audiences.
- Advanced skills to advise and consult management on all aspects of communications, ranging from developing effective communication strategies to appropriately responding to inquiries regarding sensitive or complex issues or information.
- Advanced interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
Salary: $55,000 to $61,000
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105