Graduate Admissions Recruitment Specialist
Graduate Admissions Recruitment Specialist Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202003083681 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $41,300 - $61,400 Position Information Under direction of the Graduate Admissions Manager, this position will support the Admissions Section of the Graduate Division. As a member of the Graduate Admissions Team, pursue the recruitment and enrollment of qualified applicants and to manage the application process by providing effective support as liaison, resource, and counselor for applicants for admission, graduate program faculty and staff for over 50 graduate programs on campus. Duties include but not limited to, processing graduate admissions material for review, provide training and consultation related to graduate admission policies and procedures, produce reports and audit records in Banner and campus on-line graduate application and admission systems. PLEASE NOTE - UC Riverside career employees who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of candidates from the campus is not identified, qualified candidates from the UC system, or external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Basic knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Basic knowledge of UC, and the ability to explain basic information to prospective applicants and the public.
Basic knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements at UC.
Highly developed communication, advisement and negotiation skills; oral, written and interpersonal.
Excellent analytical skills for evaluation, analysis and interpretation.
Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Ability to organize and develop or revise priorities in response to needs of other administrative office, faculty, students or staff.
Ability to implement planned change effectively.
Ability to develop strategic plans to balance department resources with production challenges.
Preferred Qualifications A detailed knowledge and understanding of University and campus policies, procedures and processes pertaining to graduate education
Knowledge of Banner, File Maker Pro, and EXCEL.
Working knowledge of federal regulations as they apply to FERPA.
Knowledge of US and foreign educational systems.
Familiarity with Department of Homeland Security and SEVIS regulations regarding the admission of foreign applicants.
Knowledge of UC system-wide, Academic Senate and Graduate Council regulations regarding graduate admissions and graduate academic affairs
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position