Adjunct Pool for Professor of Engineering
Posting DetailsPosting Number (Application)023Job TitleAdjunct Pool for Professor of EngineeringDepartmentPhysics, EngineeringEmployee ClassificationAdjunct FacultyTerm (months/year):Salary$78.08 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjunct are placed on salary schedule)Open Date09/30/2019Initial Screening Date06/30/2020Open Until FilledNoBasic Function/Overview:
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.Application Procedure
Apply by 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2020. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
• A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)
• College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
• A cover letter indicating how qualifications and required experience are met and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching
• A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the positionHealth & Welfare
Not ApplicableMajor Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach introductory engineering courses including Introduction to Engineering, Engineering Critical Thinking, Introduction to Engineering Graphics, and Introduction to Engineering Programming for the Physics and Engineering Department.
• Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities and College, division, and department policies
• Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
• Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contractRequired Qualifications
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Master’s degree in any field of Engineering; OR
2. Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, chemistry, or geology. Note: A Bachelor’s in any field of engineering with a professional engineer’s license is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to Title 5 Section 53410.1.
3. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential).
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students; AND
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written EnglishPreferred QualificationsLicense(s) & Other Requirements
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver’s license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.EquivalenciesConditions of Employment
Official offers of employment are made by the Mt. San Antonio College Office of Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by the Office of Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdfSpecial Notes
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected]Foreign Transcripts
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.Inquiries/Contact:
For more details about the responsibilities of this position, direct inquiries to:
E-mail: [email protected]
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities and other job-related criteria as listed in the job posting. Interviews may include a writing sample, board presentation, and/or performance test.Confidential Letters of Reference InstructionsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
The Confidential Letters of Recommendation Portal is NOT available for this position.EEO Policy:
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.Conflict of Interest
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts to Meet Required Qualifications
- Transcripts - Continued
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).