Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-06-03
The Ravichandran Lab is looking for a candidate that will engage in cutting-edge research that relates to phagocytosis of apoptotic cells, using a combination of in vitro and in vivo techniques, and bioinformatics approaches to probe the phagocytic machinery and its relevance to human diseases.
Postdoctoral employment is temporary and is normally limited to an individual who has been awarded a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within the previous five years and who will be involved in full-time research or scholarship at the University. Employment as a Postdoctoral Fellow is viewed as training and is preparatory for a full-time academic or research career, is supervised by a senior scholar, and allows the appointee to publish the results of his/her research or scholarship during the training period.
- Full-time research or scholarship at the University.
- Preparatory for a full-time academic or research career
- Supervised by a senior scholar, and allows the appointee to publish the results of his/her research or scholarship.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: Doctoral degree
- Experience: The ideal candidate would have solid experience in phagocytic mechanisms and immunology, flow cytometry based analyses, as well as experience in bioinformatics, including processing and interpreting bulk and single cell RNASeq data and other genetic datasets, and experience documented via publications.
- Licensure: None
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
To apply for this position, please visit https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search on posting R0015796.
Complete an application online
Attach a cover letter
Attach a resume/CV
Provide contact information for three references.
For information related to this posting, please contact the recruiter, Alaha Jamil at email@example.com.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.