ESL Adjunct Instructor
ESL Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00703
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: $60.89 - $88.35/ per hour
Description of Position:
The ESL department is looking for adjunct instructors to teach all levels of ESL.
The instructor must be able to teach different levels of proficiency and curriculum areas, including integrated, contextualized courses; prepare and grade class assignments and academic progress; maintain scholastic records and submit them by published deadlines; and be able to serve students of diverse ages, ethnicities, and language and academic backgrounds.
Shelley Ruby, ESL Department Chair
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (510) 215-4135
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C3015-ESL English as a Second Lang.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s in TESL, TESOL, applied linguistics with a TESL emphasis, linguistics with a TESL emphasis, English with a TESL emphasis or education with a TESL emphasis
Bachelor’s in TESL, TESOL, English with a TESL certificate, linguistics with a TESL certificate, applied linguistics with a TESL certificate, or any foreign language with a TESL certificate AND master’s in linguistics, applied linguistics, English, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, speech or any foreign language
- Experience teaching ESL to a diverse adult population in terms of ages, educational levels, ethnicity, first-language backgrounds, and socioeconomic status.
- Experience teaching authentic language in the context of a rigorous, dynamic, and supportive classroom environment.
- Experience teaching in a community college or similar context.
Job Open Date: 05/06/2020
Job Close Date: 6/30/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2020
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6993
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency