ASDOH - CCU Director, Assistant Professor, General Dentistry
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking a Comprehensive Care Unit Director on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Comprehensive Care. The CCU Director will conduct teaching, patient care, scholarly, and service activities in support of the mission, goals, and objectives of the School and University. Primary responsibility to facilitate the students’ clinical experience from foundational knowledge and clinical skills to demonstrating competency in patient-centered care that integrates biomedical, behavioral, and clinical sciences and manage each assigned patient’s care and experience in the ASDOH clinics.Job duties include:
- General – conduct teaching, scholarship, service, and patient care in support of the mission and goals of ASDOH and ATSU.
- Teaching – clinical supervision as a general dentist in the CCUs or other ASDOH clinics; effectively carry out lectures, seminar, preclinical and clinical assignments as assigned.
- Service – Participate and seek leadership positions in committees, faculty governance, professional societies and associations, and community events.
- Scholarship - As workload allows, establish, and maintain activity in an area of expertise.
1. Clinical Student Supervision: Provide clinical supervision of predoctoral dental students in patient care activities within the scope of general dentistry that integrates biomedical & behavioral sciences.
2. Clinic Administration: Enforce clinic policy including infection control, quality improvement, risk management, compliance, recordkeeping, & assure safety; direct and supervise faculty and staff as delegated; assist in clinical faculty scheduling; support and participate in accreditation.
3. Patient Care: Provide direct patient care that supports community service, efficient clinic operations, student education, or when in the best interest of the patient (e.g: treatment is too complex for assigned student provider); manage the patient’s treatment and clinic experience.
4. Teaching: Effectively carry out lectures, seminar, and clinical assignments and responsibilities as assigned working collaboratively to create an integrated curriculum; assess/document student progress towards competency in collaboration with other faculty; develop individualized education plans; mentor students; plan, implement and lead faculty calibration.
5. Documentation: Complete documentation as assigned including student performance and progress towards competency; review and approve EHR; syllabi and course manuals; patient progress and management; compliance; accreditation; incident reports; etc.
6. Participate in faculty development; present continuing education courses for community dentists.
7. Other responsibilities as assigned.
D.D.S., D.M.D. from an institution accredited by CODA or completion of an advanced education program accredited by CODA.