Adjunct Instructor - Forensic Science
Job no: 492386
Work type: Temporary (temps/camps), Adjunct
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Adjunct, College of Arts & Sciences
Posting DetailsJob Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses on our main campus in St. Louis, MO.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach Forensic Science undergraduate courses.
Specifically: FRSC 151L – Tuesday, 5:00pm-7:40pm
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Forensic Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.Preferred Qualifications
• Doctorate in Forensic Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Physics, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
Open Until Filled
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
The Department is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course or semester.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: May 27, 2020
Applications close: Open until filled