Assistant Professor of Clinical - Medicine (Nephrology)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-05-26
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Clinician Educator Track
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Physician will work with the other nephrology transplant physicians in the Division of nephrology with responsibilities including providing direct patient care to adult outpatients in the Miami Transplant Institute faculty practice (including satellite clinics) and adult inpatients at Jackson Memorial Hospital. He/she will also be involved with undergraduate and graduate medical education.
OUTLINE OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS TO INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Direct outpatient care to adult pre- and post-transplant patients
· Direct inpatient care to adult pre- and post-transplant patients
· Attendance at multidisciplinary transplant conferences and rounds
· Precepting trainees in inpatient and outpatient settings
· Participate in medical student, resident and fellow education
· Awarded degree of M.D. or D.O. from an ABIM recognized internal medicine residency
· Valid ABIM Certification in Nephrology
· Valid and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements
· Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience, especially in transplant nephrology, to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff, patients, and family members
· Must demonstrate the ability to meet responsibilities of the position
· Specialized training in transplant nephrology after fellowship highly desired
· Experience working and teaching in academic setting highly desired
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Faculty-UMMGPay Grade:50