Equal Opportunity and Diversity Data Analyst
Equal Opportunity and Diversity Data Analyst Please see Special Instructions for more details. East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Applicants should submit (1) a cover letter that outlines how their experience and qualifications specifically align to this position, (2) a curriculum vitae/resume, and (3) a list of three references, including contact information, online.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Posting Details
Job TitleEqual Opportunity and Diversity Data AnalystPosition Number 001900Vacancy Open to All Candidates Department AAH Office for Equity and DiversityDepartment Homepage www.ecu.edu/oedAdvertising Department OFFICE FOR EQUITY & DIVERSITYDivision Academic AffairsClassification Title Research AssociateWorking Title Equal Opportunity and Diversity Data AnalystNumber of Vacancies 1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1.00Full Time or Part Time Full TimeRecruitment RangePosition Location (City) GreenvillePosition TypeNon-FacultyJob Category Non-Faculty Instructional & ResearchOrganizational Unit Overview
The Office for Equity and Diversity provides leadership to university’s efforts to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. The office promotes equity in educational opportunity, programming and employment and promotes an environment of diversity, respect and inclusion for all members of the university community.
The Office for Equity and Diversity (OED) seeks candidates for an Equal Opportunity and Diversity Data Analyst. The Analyst will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and disseminating EEO, affirmative action, and other federal or state legally mandated analyses and reports. The Analyst will also be responsible for developing, monitoring, producing, and disseminating diversity metrics analyses and reports to appropriately inform diversity and equity strategic efforts, opportunities, and diversity planning and programming. The Analyst will report to the Associate Provost for Equity and Diversity, and perform the following duties:
Affirmative Action/EEO/Compliance Related:
- Retrieve, prepare, compile and analyze personnel data for legally required affirmative action and equal opportunity reports, in accordance with federal and state compliance regulations; compile and complete the annual VETS 4212 report in compliance with related requirements
- Conduct adverse impact analyses and other statistical analyses for annual affirmative action plans, and develop methodology and provide data reports to periodically monitor personnel data for progress toward goals and analyze to identify trends
- Design and implement self-audits to ensure that programs and processes are in compliance with regulatory standards; conduct periodic EEO desk audits and prepare reports
- Develop methodology to monitor Title IX compliance and gender equity progress
- Conduct research and salary equity studies for grievances and complaints of compensation discrimination; write reports and issue determination
- Retrieve, prepare, and compile relevant ad-hoc metrics reports, as necessary, to respond to faculty, staff and student complaints and grievances
Diversity Metrics, Analyses and Reports:
- Work collaboratively with the ECU Department of Institutional Planning, Assessment, and Research (IPAR) to design and maintain a comprehensive metrics reporting system to effectively monitor, analyze and benchmark institutional diversity and equity key performance indicators; work collaboratively with IPAR partners to develop and maintain equity and diversity related dashboards, databases, and interactive reports
- Design, develop, coordinate and complete an annual metrics evaluation report to analyze, benchmark and monitor (1) effectiveness of actions taken and (2) progress toward meeting unit and institutional strategic plan diversity and equity related goals and objectives, in collaboration with IPAR and other institutional partners
- Coordinate OED program effectiveness efforts and produce an annual report of OED program effectiveness
- Analyze, identify and report key findings and identification of problem areas and recommended areas of focus based on results of various campus climate studies
- Conduct research and compile diversity benchmarks and trends
- Retrieve, prepare, and compile relevant ad-hoc data reports to monitor and evaluate division, college, unit and/or department workforce or enrollment process diversity trends and progress and in comparison to relevant diversity benchmarks and trends
Other Key Elements:
- Translate statistical analyses and data reports to interpret findings and provide clear, concise and intuitive insight for equity and diversity initiatives
- Demonstrate conceptual and critical thinking skills needed to develop, design, and provide relevant and useful data reports and analyses reflective of the relationship between diversity and equity data across all segments of the institution
- Deliver presentations, workshops and content to educate the university community regarding affirmative action and diversity data
- Develop content for auditing and compliance awareness communications for institutional partners
- Develop research questions and a research design, conduct data analyses, and report findings to inform strategic direction
- Stay abreast of regulatory, legal, and policy updates from OFCCP, EEOC, OCR and other agencies regarding equal opportunity and diversity data collection, reporting and auditing
- Serve as the Office’s subject matter expert on institutional diversity and equity data, including the resources for retrieving the data, description of the university’s data elements, as well as interpretation of statistical analyses
- Serve as the Office’s subject matter expert on diversity key performance indicators for higher education institutions
- Demonstrate attention to detail, clear writing, and professional presentation of information
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Master’s degree with at least two years of related experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of related experience; OR a Doctoral degree in social sciences, statistics, education, or related discipline. All degrees should be from appropriately accredited institutions. Experience in research design as well as qualitative and quantitative statistical analysis. Proficiency in statistical software and MS Office. Evidence of excellent written communication, organizational, and human relations/interpersonal skills.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Doctoral degree in social sciences, statistics, education, or related discipline. Demonstrated experience in preparing affirmative action and equal opportunity analyses. Demonstrated experience in institutional or diversity program data reporting/evaluation.
Special Instructions to Applicant
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Applicants should submit (1) a cover letter that outlines how their experience and qualifications specifically align to this position, (2) a curriculum vitae/resume, and (3) a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Job Open Date 05/21/2020Open Until FilledNoJob Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date. If no closing date is indicated, the position may close at any time after the initial screening date.06/04/2020Initial Screening Begins 02/06/2020Rank LevelQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/34635AA/EOE
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department for Disability Support Services at (252) 737-1016 (Voice/TTY).
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate where you learned about this job vacancy.
- Workplace Diversity
- Greenville Daily Reflector
- Raleigh News & Observer
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Journal of Blacks in Higher Ed
- Hispanic Outlook
- Women in Higher Ed
- Yahoo HotJobs.com
- ECU Website
Documents Needed To ApplyRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References