This is an open continuous application process to apply for Part Time Faculty - Biology positions at Highline College.
The department coordinator will review applications to fill needs as they arise. Vacancies may be identified ahead of time, such as offering multiple classes in a subject in an upcoming quarter, or vacancies may occur with little notice, such as when needed to backfill in an unanticipated situation. There may be times when the department is not hiring for adjunct faculty.
Current openings: N/A
For descriptions and information on classes offered through this department, please visit this URL: https://directory.highline.edu/?dept=LOGS
Salary will depend upon the number of classes taught. Salary is based upon initial placement, work experience and number of assigned credits. The current salary range per credit hour is $1,043.70 to $1,117.75. Please review the current collective bargaining agreement for additional information here (See 205 Part-time Faculty Placement and Salary).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PART-TIME FACULTY:
• To provide instruction to students and help promote effective learning;
• To ensure that course content is consistent with department guidelines;
• To maintain communication with department coordinator, and with department faculty;
• To meet and maintain, as a condition of employment, the requirements for certification appropriate to the faculty member's particular field. This may include vocational certification and professional licensing;
• To be able to assist students with educational planning or direct students to appropriate campus resources.
• To pursue appropriate professional development activities in order to stay current in assigned teaching fields, program, and discipline;
• To comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
• To maintain a standard of honest and ethical behavior in their professional duties;
• To maintain and submit required institutional and state records and reports on a timely basis;
• To assume reasonable responsibility for care and safekeeping of College supplies and equipment.Qualifications
• Master's or higher in a biological science.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
ABOUT HIGHLINE COLLEGE
Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
MISSION AND VISION
As an essential part of our mission and vision, diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
For information on the Biology department, please contact Colleen Sheridan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your online application must include the following four attachments to be considered complete:
- A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position.
- A letter of application (two-page maximum, recommended) that addresses your ability to meet the FACULTY-WIDE SKILLS AND ABILITIES for appointment and, to the extent applicable, the DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS of the position.
- A one-page response to the Supplemental Question.
Transcripts documenting undergraduate and graduate course work and degrees (unofficial transcripts may be submitted - official transcripts required upon employment).
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/