Faculty - Mathematics (adjunct)
Posting DetailsPosting Number:Temporary_0091166Position Title:Faculty - Mathematics (adjunct)Classification TitlePart Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:FacultyPosition Summary:
The Mathematics Department at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is accepting applications for Mathematics Instructors. Possible courses included in this position are: Mathematical Measurement and Literacy, Technical Mathematics, Quantitative Literacy, Statistics, Precalculus, and Calculus.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Conduct assigned classes to enhance student learning in accordance with college policies and procedures.
– Adhere to the syllabus in course content and evaluation of student performance.
– Maintain scheduled class hours as stated on the schedule for the full amount of time.
– Maintain and promptly submit accurate class records and management reports.
– Be accessible to students before and after class or by telephone or email to answer questions and assist with course-related problems.
– Keep up-to-date with the specific content areas of instruction through professional development activities and apply it in classroom instruction.
– Utilize current technology and facilitate collaborative learning.
– Utilize teaching methods which are appropriate for a variety of learning styles.
– Facilitate a positive, professional, and nurturing academic environment.
Master’s degree, including 18 hours of graduate credit in either mathematics or statistics. Math education courses do not count towards the required 18 hours.Desired Education/Experience/Skills:Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Department:Sci Math - MathematicsWork Hours:
VariesPosting Date:02/26/2020Closing Date:11/30/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility:
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility:
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility:
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility:
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility:
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility:
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility:
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility:
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility:
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duty and Responsibility:
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duty and Responsibility:
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a Master’s degree, including 18 hours of graduate credit in either mathematics or statistics?
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy (8)
- Transcript 2