Full Time Faculty, Pharmacy Practice - Internal Medicine
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverageSUMMARY: The Faculty – Department of Pharmacy Practice reports to the Assistant Dean for Operations. The Faculty ensures program content and delivery are consistently of high quality, reviews curriculum and establishes/assesses student learning outcomes; facilitates the sharing of best practices between campus faculty, and balances local campus interests with program imperatives and the needs of the discipline. Faculty maintain a clinical practice site while providing patient care and acts as a preceptor for students and/or residents as assigned.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provide didactic, laboratory, and small group teaching as well as, course coordination as assigned by the department chair.
- Develop and maintain a clinical practice site to provide patient care, as well as, a location to act as a Preceptor for students and residents.
- Serve as a mentor, advocate and adviser to students and peer faculty members to guide their scholarly development and career aspirations.
- Conduct scholarly activities within the department, school, and university.
- Provide input to management when requested for: planning, budget, personnel resource allocation, program development and implementation for the department.
- Review and recommend modifications to the Department’s goals and objectives annually, aligning them with the Missions and Strategic of South University and the School of Pharmacy.
- Prepare reports and other documents as requested by the administration.
- Assure assigned courses are appropriately updated for catalog narrative, course criteria and descriptions for the department’s contributions to the annual university catalog update are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assure a positive, cooperative relationship between the Department of Pharmacy Practice and the school and university staff and faculty at all School of Pharmacy campuses.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of quality faculty and students for all of School of Pharmacy campuses.
- In concert with the Assistant Dean for Operations and other School administrators, provide orientation for faculty and staff within the department.
- Design and provide developmental activities for faculty and staff.
- Perform annual peer faculty teaching evaluations
- Actively participate in University strategic planning and Quality Enhancement Program initiatives.
- Actively promote professionalism and commitment to the profession of pharmacy.
- Attend school and university functions where the presence of faculty and staff are required.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and conventions that are beneficial to the School of Pharmacy and its students.
- Actively and professionally promote the School of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmacy Practice to the public, appropriately representing the image and standing of South University at all times.
- Serve as an advocate and leader for pharmacy in local, state and national pharmacy affairs, appropriately representing the image and standing of South University at all times.
- Serve on South University or School of Pharmacy Committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campus Dean
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
- Unrestricted license to practice Pharmacy in the State of Georgia, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Post graduate residency and/or fellowship training in specified therapeutic area or equivalent experience.
- Desired: prior teaching and research experience in relevant field
- Experience with computerized administrative systems. Must be proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, and academic journals
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or Pharmacy community
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, and public groups
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other detailsRequired EducationDoctorate
- South University Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America