Programming Computer Information Systems Instructor
Position DetailsReq ID: req8112 Position Title: Programming Computer Information Systems Instructor Position Type: Faculty Position Number: 210614 OSU Campus: Oklahoma City Department: Information Systems & Technologies Location Address:
900 N Portland
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Diana Biswell Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate Work Schedule: Varies, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: Job Description:
Todevelop in each student the skills of critical thinking and to help studentslearn the computer information systems presented to them in order for thatstudent to become a positive member of the community.
- Teach a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours per semester for laboratory classes or fifteen (15) credit hours for non-laboratory classes or equivalent service.This may include evening and online instruction. These classes will be in the CIS degree program or IST department as assigned.Maintain student and course records.Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives, and grading procedures for all courses.Advise and assist students in selecting appropriate academic courses.Post and keep office hours as per departmental standards.May serve as lead instructor.Implement the Student Success Model for retention.Implement the assessment model.Serve on special projects and committees.Assist in the designing and revising of courses and curricula.Participate in staff development through formal course work, seminars, workshops, professional organizations, or professional literary materialExhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.Completes all mandatory training and participated in a minimum of two professional development each year.Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be required to be performed in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or included as a logical assignment related to the position.Special Instructions to Applicants Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Education & Experience Position Qualifications:
Master’sdegree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems area required, or Master’sdegree + 18 graduate credit hours in subject area required, or Bachelor’sdegree plus industry certification/experience for technical program facultyonly.
Musthave educational qualifications to teach in subject area or have documentedspecialty
education/experienceto meet tested experience requirements, as per the Higher Learning
Commission’spublication on Determining Qualified Faculty, and provide leadership in
academicdiscipline and/or degree program. Programs with discipline-specific externalaccreditation may have more stringent training and experience requirements.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English and prepare complex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), as well as email, internet, and learning management systems.
Must be proficient in current programming languages
The ability to teach computer programming, computer information systems, and/or game development coursework
Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usage
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described herein are representative of those required of an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.