Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Pipefitter Apprenticeship
At Nicolet College our mission is to transform lives and enrich communities, and we see change as an opportunity to transform even more lives and to serve our communities even better. To accomplish this mission, we are redesigning higher education to serve today's learners in the most inclusive, creative, and flexible ways imaginable. Our community, employers, and students face many challenges, and Nicolet College is responding with innovative programs, strong employer partnerships, and student-centered practices.
Under the general supervision of the Dean of Trade, Industry, and Apprenticeship, this individual is responsible for providing instruction and training to students in the Pipefitting- Apprenticeship related courses. This position is responsible for the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning, and the on-going development of curriculum and learning strategies, which meet the needs of students and employers. We are recruiting for an instructor to teach the following course in the Fall of 2020:
- Steam Systems and Trade Math, Thursdays, 7 am – 3 pm
- Dates: 8/20, 9/03, 9/17, 10/01, 10/15, 10/29, 11/12, 12/10, 12/17
The following duties are normal for this position. The ordering of the duties and responsibilities do not represent a rank order of said duties and responsibilities. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties will be required and assigned.
- Facilitation of Learning- Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in the pipefitting apprenticeship program. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Curriculum Development- Develop, revise and update curriculum and instructional materials, which are consistent with employer expectations.
- Classroom Management- Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Student Support and Guidance- Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Professional Development- Participate in professional development activities, which provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed.
Training and Experience
- Completion of Wisconsin Licensed Apprenticeship/Journey-level Pipefitter, and
- Teaching or training experience is desirable.
- Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
- Ability to meet Faculty Assurance Qualification System (FQAS) requirements. View details at: https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/employment/faculty-quality-assurance-system-requirements
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in mutually beneficial thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications, which support teaching and learning.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
- Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
- An educational philosophy, which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
Apply at nicoletcollege.edu/employment. Attach a cover letter that addresses how your background and experience are consistent with the requirements of the position, a current resume and unofficial transcripts of coursework, licenses & certificates. Position remains open until filled.
Nicolet Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions, or its programs or activities.