Assistant Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic TrainerTracking Code682-674 Job Description
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will perform all aspects of the Athletic Training, an allied health profession. This will encompass the prevention, examination, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of emergent, acute or chronic injuries and medical conditions.
Recognition/Consultation/Evaluation of Injury/Illness:
- Provide appropriate care and/or referral
- Immediate care
- Risk management/Injury prevention
- Coordinate treatment protocols with team physician, implement return to play protocols and document all treatments/rehabilitation.
Health Care Administration:
- Record keeping
- Maintain equipment & supplies
- Mentor graduate assistants
- Liaison between athlete and doctor
- Travel with sport teams to all away events
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Nathan Twedt, Head Athletic Trainer
Athletic Recreation Center
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
- Continuing education units to maintain certification & license
- Master's Degree
- 1-2 years Division I experience
- Must be B.O.C. certified and licensed in Indiana