Vice President for Business & Finance
Job Title: Vice President for Business & Finance
Location: Americus, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218921
Job Summary This position directs the university’s business and finance operations.
- Directs the budget development and management process. (25%)Oversees the development of the annual budget. Communicates with department heads, Deans, and other stakeholders to acquire and analyze budget needs.Ensures university compliance with budget guidelines.Processes budget amendments.
- Directs the management of financial data and related reports. (30%)Updates and manages related databases.
- Directs assigned university operations. (25%)Directs the university’s food service operations.Directs the university’s plant operations. Directs the university’s human resources functions.Directs the university’s public safety functions. Directs accounting operations. Supervises and directs assigned personnel.
- Directs strategic planning activities. (10%)Directs budget and general strategic planning activities.Directs plant and personnel strategic planning activities.
- Performs a variety of related duties. (10%)
- Master's degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required.More than five years of related experience required.
Required Documents to Attach
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.Knowledge of State of Georgia budgetary policies.Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).Knowledge of state and national issues related to higher education.Knowledge of budget development and management principles.Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs.Skill in decision making and problem solving.Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.Skill in oral and written communication.
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.