Posting DetailsPosition TitleCustodianPosting NumberSta00579Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeFull-TimeBenefits Available YesNature of Work
This is manual work in the custodial care of college buildings and facilities.
Work involves the performance of cleaning and minor maintenance work in an assigned building or area. Primary responsibility is for the effective use of proper methods and materials in cleaning and caring for building areas and cleaning equipment. The employee in this position works under close supervision and work is performed according to well established routines and procedures. The usual work schedule is Monday thru Friday, 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM. However, other hours may be necessary and occasional overtime may be expected.
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, strips, and waxes floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Dusts and cleans chalk boards and offices and flat surfaces; washes windows, walls, glass doors, and classroom equipment; may work from a ladder.
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies; cleans drinking fountains.
- Runs polishing machine, vacuum cleaner, carpet extractor, and other common custodial equipment. Moves office furniture and equipment; assists in setting up facilities for special events.
- Cleans laboratories.
- Replaces light bulbs, cleans and polishes brass, and unstops lavatories and toilets.
- Collects and empties trash.
- Performs minor maintenance and reports damaged structures and equipment; maintains entranceways to buildings.
- May be required to operate golf cart and/or company vehicle.
- Performs related work as required.
- Some knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and tools used in custodial services.
- Knowledge of and ability to use related equipment including, but not limited to, rotary buffers and carpet shampoo and extracting machines.
- Ability to make minor repairs and adjustments to building fixtures and equipment.
- Ability to exercise care in the exposure to chemical, mechanical or electrical hazards.
- Ability to follow routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work long hours at manual tasks and to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to report to work on time and be dependable in attendance.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle history report.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and is subject to random drug testing.
•Some custodial experience is preferred; experience with commercial floor care equipment is desirable.Work HoursMonday thru Friday, 3:00 PM to 11:00 PMSpecial Instructions to Applicants
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date01/28/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Do you possess a current driver's license?