Dean of Business, Science, Education, Math, & Computer Science, #26795
Location: Cottleville, MO, USA
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full-Time Staff
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time Dean of Business, Science, Education, Math, & Computer Science who will provide responsible leadership for an academic division, including the delivery, assessment, and review of all programs and courses, supervision of all division faculty and staff, budget management , and administering College policies and procedures.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and supports high level of academic quality for student learning and provides leadership that contributes to increased student retention and success.
- Oversee the growth of online education and dual credit for the division.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets.
- Identifies strategies for developing new programs and evaluating existing programs ensuring ongoing assessment and program review.
- Administers proper academic program development, promotion, and recruitment.
- Stays current on classroom teaching practices/techniques within department and collaborates with faculty to identify new innovative approaches to instruction.
- Communicates information to faculty and staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Promotes the division's departments internally and externally.
- Provides leadership that builds collaboration, respect, and inclusion within and between departments.
Qualifications: Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent from an accredited institution; At least three years administrative leadership experience in an educational setting. Some teaching experience required. Preferred Qualifications: Doctorate degree from an accredited institution; Three years administrative experience at a community college; Community college teaching experience.St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.