Job no: 492282
Work type: Adjunct
Categories: School of Education, Adjunct
Job Summary/Basic Function
The School of Education is searching for committed and qualified adjunct faculty to serve as dissertation in practice chairs for students in the Higher Education Leadership doctoral program. Chairs will be assigned students enrolled online and/or on-campus and are expected to work with the student throughout the 32 month program. Chairs can work remotely throughout the year, but Chairs are required to attend and help facilitate summer residency on campus for all students for three days in June (typically early June from mid-afternoon Thursday through mid-afternoon Saturday).
Dissertation Chairs will work with a designated faculty team while guiding doctoral students through the dissertation process from problem identification to final defense.
• EdD or PhD in higher education leadership, administration, or student affairs
• Experience with supervision of doctoral level research
• Doctoral level teaching experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Doctoral level transcripts are required to complete the application.
• An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
• Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: March 16, 2020
Applications close: Open until filled