Adjunct Instructor – Management Information Systems (Main Campus – St. Louis, MO)
Job no: 492373
Work type: Temporary (temps/camps), Adjunct
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Adjunct, Information Technology, School of Business
Job Summary/Basic Function
We have immediate needs for the Fall 2020 semester. Future needs will include lower and upper level Cybersecurity courses. Course subjects to be taught include, but are not limited to:
• Digital Foundations
• Information Technology Concepts & Applications
• Applied Operating Systems
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere.
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential lesson plans, and assignments; develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines, using available technology with Canvas.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties, as assigned, will vary based on course(s) taught.
Important Note: Classes are taught during the daytime on our main campus in St. Louis, MO (this posting is not designated for online teaching). Successful candidates must be available to teach courses that are offered on-site between the hours of 8am-4:45pm.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Information Technology or closely related field.
• Willingness and ability to learn new academic technology and engaged pedagogy to facilitate student learning.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in Information Technology or related field.
• Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: May 06, 2020