Adjunct Faculty, Public Health Program
Category:: Adjunct Faculty
Department:: Public Health
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: May 5, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: PT No Benefits
Ref. No.:: 2467
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Teach courses as assigned by chair/director or dean
- Advise students as assigned by chair/director or dean
- Adhere to College's and programs' academic policies and procedures, e.g. class attendance, grading, withdrawal from courses, academic dishonesty, etc.
- Incorporate latest evidence and research into classroom/lab instruction.
- Participate in Program, School, and College activities as appropriate
- Participate in professional development activities related to one's faculty role.
- Engage in scholarly activities appropriate to one's discipline, teaching responsibilities, and other academic responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by chair/director or dean.
- Required Degree(s): Master's degree in public health or related field
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate in public health or related field
- Required Field of Expertise: 1-2 teaching experience in a college or university setting
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in an interprofessional setting
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using these tools.
This is a part-time adjunct, non-benefited position for the fall 2020 semester.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.