Research Chair Adjunct - Mentor (Online - USA, except for Alaska and Hawaii))
Research Chair Adjunct Mentor (Online): USA, except for Alaska and Hawaii
Please note that this position is not a full-time position, but it is similar to an adjunct position.
The Research Chair supportsthe doctoral students (mentees) by consistently providing mentoring, guidance,advising, coaching, instructing, training, and encouragement through theApplied Doctoral Project (ADP) process.
The Research Chair reportsto the Director of Faculty Support and carries out the following primaryduties:
- Serves as the primary contact for assigned doctoral students mentoring them through the program
- Guides the doctoral student throughout the ADP process
- Provides spiritual leadership and counseling to the doctoral student
- Monitors doctoral students’ overall academic progress throughout program
- Serves as a mediator of communication between the department, doctoral student, and institution
- Attend on-site three-day residency once per year
- A three-year commitment with the intention of providing doctoral students with mentor continuity throughout their program.
- Instructs the doctoral students in the ADP courses
- Serves as an advisor throughout the program
- Maintains accurate records of interactions with mentees
- Other duties as assigned by the DBA Chair and or Director of Faculty Support.
- A vibrant Christian commitment and willingness to adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU community lifestyle statement
- A doctorate degree from an accredited institution in a field relevant to business.
- Online instructional experience and working in a virtual team environment preferred
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant business industry
- Prior experience as a supervisor/mentor/dissertation chair overseeing doctoral students
Experience,Knowledge, and Dispositions:
- A servant leader’s heart in tune with IWU’s mission statement
- Well-honed problem solving skills and experience in supporting large scale systems
- Exposure to a wide range of delivery modalities for teaching and learning
- Experience in serving adult learners
- Ability to articulate concepts and ideas
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and a strong interest in building cooperative relationships
- Knowledge of Problem Based Learning concepts and processes
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Self-motivated and solves problems, asking for input and initiating solutions as appropriate and reasonable.
A. Majority of work is performed in front of a computer and on the telephone; must have ability to use the computer (ZOOM, Learning Management System -LMS)
B. Manage conversations and meetings in person,online and by telephone.
C. Workwell under pressure and manage stress well.
VisualDemands: Very heavy visualacuity.
Environment: Remote office and travel may be required.
We are seeking applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to building and cultivating diversity through leadership,
teaching and/or service.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color,national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer