SAECC CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS
Job Title: SAECC CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 33579
Job Description The University of Missouri (MU), College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) invites applications for two fulltime faculty positions of Clinical Instructor in Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care (SAECC) in the Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery.
- Ensure timely and accurate triage and care for all cases arriving on emergency during daytime, swing, weekend, and overnight shifts. Schedules will be based upon the needs of the service. Holiday shifts will be divided equitably amongst clinicians.Communicate with clients and referring veterinarians in a timely manner for emergency case management, in both written and verbal formats.Supervise, direct, and teach students and interns in all aspects of case management, including financial updates for pet owners.Work with Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care (SAECC) faculty, residents, technicians, and students for case transfers and ongoing management and oversight of inpatients.Work with all small animal services during case transfer and management of inpatients in the intensive care unit.Provide input to be used in evaluation of all personnel working in support of the SAECC service, including licensed veterinary technicians and student employees.Participate with SAECC faculty and house officers to improve knowledge of the discipline and management of the section.Participate in departmental and hospital governance.
Minimum Qualifications by time of appointment
• DVM or equivalent degree;
• Must be eligible for professional licensure (faculty or regular license) to practice as a
veterinarian in the State of Missouri;
• Must be eligible for BNDD and DEA certification in the State of Missouri;
• Must have experience in emergency medicine.
Search Criteria Candidates will be assessed based upon educational and professional achievement, including:
Communication skills and potential for excellence in teaching
Ability to contribute to diversity and inclusion
Desire for continual professional improvement
Ability to work in a teamApplication Materials
Application materials must be submitted online: https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic Job 33579. Interested candidates should be prepared to attach:
- a letter stating professional interests and career goals;
- professional transcript(s);
- contact information (including email addresses) for three references; and,
- a curriculum vitae.
If you have questions about the online application process, please consult Human Resources web sites: email [email protected] or call (573)882-7976.Application Deadline Applications will be reviewed until a well-qualified candidate is identified and hired. If you have specific questions about these positions, please contact Dr. Colin Reich, [email protected] .Salary
Salary will be commensurate with education, training, and experience.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
MU’s Veterinary Health Center is a state-of-the-art teaching and medical services facility for companion animals as well as livestock. Columbia, MO is an ideal location for such a teaching hospital. The population of central Missouri and reasonable proximity to St. Louis and Kansas City provide for a robust small animal emergency and referral caseload.
MU is a nationally competitive, global university. Many states fund separate research and land-grant universities, but Missouri combines those roles at its flagship institution. MU is both a land-grant university with a statewide mission of service to citizens and Missouri’s largest public research university. Mizzou is one of only five universities nationwide that offers law, medicine, veterinary medicine and a nuclear research reactor on one campus.
MU is a national leader in comparative medicine, in which researchers collaborate by sharing discoveries, innovations and treatments for humans and animals. For more about the College of Veterinary Medicine and our impact on Missouri, the nation and the world, go to:
- University of Missouri/College of Veterinary Medicine- http://cvm.missouri.edu/
- Veterinary Health Center- http://www.vmth.missouri.edu/
- Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery- http://www.vms.missouri.edu/faculty.html Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Lab- http://vmdl.missouri.ed
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals. The cost of living is still affordable, whether you prefer an apartment in the city, a farm on a country road or a family home near a top-notch school. With a population of ~120,000, Columbia is located in the heart of Missouri on Interstate 70, an easy drive to both St. Louis and Kansas City.
Here are a variety of links that provide insights to this special place to live:Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau - http://www.visitcolumbiamo.com/Columbia-Downtown Association - http://www.discoverthedistrict.com/Columbia Public Schools - https://www.cpsk12.org/
Columbia Catholic School – http://www.ccsk8.org/
Columbia Independent School – http://cislions.org/
Daniel Boone Regional Library - http://www.dbrl.org/
Trail Directory- https://www.como.gov/parksandrec/trail/Columbia Parks and Recreation - http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/Stephens Lake Park- https://www.como.gov/parksandrec/park/stephens-lake-park/?doing_wp_cron=1558034434.9167399406433105468750Columbia Activity and Recreation Center - http: //www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/ARC/Katy Trial - https://katytrailmo.com/There are 22 area sites owned, leased or managed by MO Dept of Conservation - http://mdc.mo.gov/
Columbia’s Farmer’s Market – http://www.columbiafarmersmarket.org/
Art in Columbia – http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/Arts/Documents/galleryguide.pdf
Film Festival – http://ragtagfilm.com/
Blues Festival - http://www.rootsnbluesnbbq.com/
RagTag Cinema - http://www.ragtagfilm.com/
University Concert Series – http://www.concertseries.org/
Wineries & breweries-http://www.visitcolumbiamo.com/section/wine-brew/