Title: Lecturer, CC (Pacific Studies) - Summer 2021/Fall2021/Spring 2022
Hiring Unit: Academic Affairs
Location: Windward Community College
Date Posted: June 10, 2021
Closing Date: Continuous – application review begins June 25, 2021
Salary: Minimum $1671.00/per credit hour
Summer 2021/Fall2021/Spring 2022, part-time, for lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenurial, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements. This includes Early College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline and/or Interdisciplinary Studies
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- Master's in (Focus on Hawaiian and/or Pacific Islands areas) or Bachelor's in Pacific Studies and 3 years
- All minimum qualifications must be from a regionally accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners and communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
Application Submission: Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach required documents. Documents include:
- Graduate and undergraduate transcript(s) showing degree and course work to date appropriate to the position (Copies of transcripts are acceptable; however, original official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Academic record/grade summaries will NOT be accepted. Diplomas and copies will NOT be accepted.). Transcripts issued from an institution outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc., verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within in the USA. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant.
- One-page cover letter explaining how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications.
This discipline is part of a pilot project to consider "equivalent" educational qualifications for applicants whose educational qualifications do not exactly match with the degree(s) and/or coursework as stated in the minimum qualifications. For an applicant's educational qualifications to be considered for equivalence, the applicant must provide information requested in the online application: a request to be considered for equivalence, description of equivalent qualification, and evidence of equivalence (e.g. transcripts, course descriptions).
Separate documents and application materials must be submitted for each position. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please REDACT references to social security numbers and birth date on submitted documents. All requested documents/information become the property of Windward Community College and will not be returned. Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
Email: [email protected]
/AA, Clery Act, ADA
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran. For more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please refer to the following link: http://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/eeo-coordinators/
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawai'i may be viewed at: https://www.hawaii.edu/titleix/help/campus-security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
Accommodation Request: The University of Hawai'i complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the EEO coordinator directly. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please refer to the following link: https://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/accommodation-request/