How to Apply to this PostingSpecial InstructionsPosting DetailsJob TitlePolice OfficerFLSA StatusNon ExemptPosted Salary Range$24,000 - $28,000Employment StatusFull TimeDepartmentCampus PoliceMinimum Qualifications
High School Diploma or G.E.D, and up to 1 year experience.
Certified Law Enforcement
This entry-level Law enforcement work involving the safety and security of Alcorn state University students, staff and visitors on ours campuses.Scope of Responsibilities
The incumbent in this position is responsible for safeguarding the universities properties against burglary, vandalism, trespassing and other hazardous criminal or unauthorized activities. This work includes patrolling the universities properties; issuing traffic and parking citations; securing building by locking doors; conducting traffic and other accident investigations; administering first-aid and emergency medical treatment; answering calls regarding fires, bomb threats. Or any other emergency situations. Direct supervision is received from a shift supervisor.Essential Job Functions
• Patrol university property in order to detect and prevent criminal activities.
• Issue citation and arrest individuals committing unlawful activities on Alcorn States University property
• Secure buildings by locking them to prevent loss of property, vandalism and trespassing.
• Monitor traffic flow on ours properties to reduce accidents.
• Assist other Law Enforcement Agencies when requested.
• Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must demonstrate proficiency in human relations skills
• Must have at least a high school diploma or GED
• Must have knowledge of computer or some related skills
• Must be able to pass law enforcement officer academy
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Certified by the Law Enforcement Board of Minimum StandardsKnowledge Skills and Abilities
• General knowledge of the duties performed by a police officer
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to function effectively in stressful situations
Alcorn State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or other factors prohibited by law in any of its educational programs, activities, services, admissions, or employment practices. The following offices are designated to handle inquires and/or complaints regarding non-discriminatory policies and procedures of Alcorn State University:
Complaints, inquiries, or specific requests in regard to Title IX and Section 504 directives should be made to: Title IX Office, Walter Washington Administration Bldg., Room 519A, Lorman, MS, 39096, (601) 877-6700.
Complaints, inquiries, or requests in regard to non-discrimination in employment practices should be made to: Human Resources Department, Walter Washington Administration Bldg., Room 107, Lorman, MS, 39096, (601) 877-6188
Questions, complaints, or requests in regard to ADA/ADAAA compliance in employment practices should also be made to the department of human resources.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Personal)
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional or Personal)