Network Security Analyst
Position DetailsReq ID:req8078Position Title:Network Security AnalystPosition Type:Staff Full-TimeOSU Campus:Infrastructure ServicesDepartment:Infrastructure ServicesLocation Address:
900 N. Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Tom Hickey
(Contingent upon available funding):21.48 - 21.48, Hourly Work Schedule:varies: occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Job Summary:
Responsible for security equipment aswell as analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of directory servicesand network security across the enterprise.
Responsible for information security policy development andmaintenance; design of security policy education, training, and awarenessactivities; monitoring compliance with university’s security policy andapplicable law; and coordinating investigation and reporting of securityincidents.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and/or implementation of IT infrastructure including security controls, firewall and intrusion detection systems.IT systems/server/database administration including systems hardening and security policy implementationIdentity management and administration of IDM systemsConducting risk assessments and use of risk assessment toolsFraud detection or investigations including collaboration with various State agencies.Business process automation development, implementation, managementDevelopment of business policies and procedures, standardization and documentation of processesServes as a campus technical expert on information security risk analysis and compliance matters. Project ManagementWorks with the entire university community in a consultative manner.Works with supervisors to adhere to Oklahoma State University’s Information Security Program.Completes all mandatory training and participates in a minimum of two professional development each yearPerforms other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.Education & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications: Education: Bachelor’s Degree in technologyrelated discipline, or equivalent work experience, or certification(s) fromsoftware/hardware manufacturer currently used by OSU-Oklahoma CityWork Experience:
The duties listed in this job description are intended onlyas illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Theomission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from theposition if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to theposition.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Information Technology or network securityInstallation and maintenance of enterprise class software and hardwareImplementing and managing security related projects
- Work will be performed in an office environment with asignificant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and viaemail. Work may need to be performed outside of normal workinghours including evenings and weekends as needed to complete assignments.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing,talking, listening and computer usage
Work is normally performed in a typical interior office workenvironment. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.,proper handling of computer and network components. (If an object weighs more than 45pounds, OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift.) Requires climbing ladders and working in various networkingareas, including tight spaces that may be dusty with variable hot or coldtemperatures
- Requires proper handling of computer and network components,use of both hands in repetitive actions with dexterity
The work environment and physical demands described hereare representative of those required by an employee to perform the essentialfunctions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. #ZR Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.