Visiting Assistant Professor – Computer Science
Job location: JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-06-24
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Visiting Assistant Professor – Computer Science Job Description Summary The Department of Computer Science at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for multiple positions beginning August 2020, or possibly sooner.
Visiting Professor of Computer Science must have a Ph.D. by August 15th, 2020. All fields of computer science are welcome to apply. We have a specific need for: Applicants with specialization in Digital Forensic, Ethical Hacking, Cloud Security, Database Systems, Autonomous Systems, and Algorithm.
The positions require individuals to:
•Teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses.
•Begin planning for research.
•Provide service to the university and the profession.
Faculty at Florida Polytechnic University are encouraged to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research. The department is interested in candidates that are highly collaborative and collegial with a strong commitment to pursuing externally funded research and teaching at both graduate and undergraduate levels. Job Description
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related field with emphasis in the specializations listed above or related field/ areas.
- Credentials by degree to support delivery of core courses in the department
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Teaching and/or relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent and interdisciplinary funded applied research.
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience with students’ academic mentoring
- Experience in program assessment and execution of a continuous improvement plan.
- Experience in serving on various department, college or university committees
- Active participation in professional activities and organizations
- Prior professional US experience with progressive responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse campus community
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to upload the following documents (combine all documents in one file if possible, 5MB max or five attachments):
- Complete Application
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D. transcript
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.