Assistant/Associate Professor of Agribusiness/Ag Economy
Posting Date: Reposted February 17, 2020 Posting End Date: April 17, 2020
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Agribusiness/Ag Economy (2 positions) Location: CAENS/Department of Agricultural Science
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Assistant/ Associate Professor will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences (CAENS) invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of assistant or associate professor in the Agribusiness degree program.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach courses in several areas, including but not limited to agribusiness and agricultural economics
- Provide leadership in Agribusiness research and extension programs working with socially and historically disadvantaged farmers in Alabama particularly, the Black Belt Region
- Participate in student advisement, curriculum development, student activities and college-wide committees
- Pursue creative, scholarly and professional activities at all appropriate levels including administrative, supervisory, and other functions
- Work closely with undergraduate and graduate students within the college and other stakeholders
- Must have a Ph.D in agribusiness, agricultural economics, or business management
- Must have relevant professional experience
- Must have a record of successful teaching, demonstrated scholarship, and the ability to work on a team
- Professional experience in different computer program software related to the field of Agribusiness/ Ag Economy preferred
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven record of grant application experience and industry support for educational initiatives is preferred
- Must have a record of peer-reviewed publications (journal articles, technical documents, etc.)
- University level teaching experience is also preferred
Commensurate with education, training and experience *Position contingent on outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) to (5) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.