Assistant/Associate Professor in Animal Science
Posting Date: Reposted February 17, 2020 Posting End Date: April 17, 2020
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Animal Science Location: CAENS/Department of Agricultural Science
Status: Full Time; Non-tenure Track
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Assistant/ Associate Professor will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences (CAENS) invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of assistant or associate professor in the Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences in the area(s) of animal and veterinary sciences. The appointment will hold between research, extension and teaching responsibilities.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership in animal science related research and extension programs working with socially and historically disadvantaged farmers in Alabama, utilizing innovative practices related with an emphasis on sustainable meat goat and beef cattle production systems
- Collaborate with colleagues in a complimentary role in carrying out current and/or developing new programming on animal production to train producers and others as an active member of the TU Cooperative Extension program
- Establish and maintain a competitive extramurally funded research/extension program in Animal Sciences that may serve the livestock industry in Alabama and beyond
- Teach courses in animal sciences
- Pursue creative, scholarly and professional activities at all appropriate levels including administrative, supervisory, and other functions
- Participate in student advisement, curriculum development, student activities and college-wide committees
- Work closely with undergraduate and graduate students within the college and other stakeholders
- Ph.D. in animal science or molecular biology/biotechnology
- Must have relevant professional experience
- Must have a record of successful teaching, demonstrated scholarship, and the ability to work on a team
- Professional experience in different computer program software related to the field preferred
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven record of grant application experience and industry support for educational initiatives is preferred
- Must have a record of peer-reviewed publications (journal articles, technical documents, etc.)
- University level teaching experience is preferred
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) to (5) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.