Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Science
Posting Date: December 5, 2019 Posting End Date: December 31, 2019
Position: Assistant / Associate Professor of Computer Science Location: College of Business and Information Science
Status: Full time, exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Assistant / Associate Professor of Computer Science will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s eﬀorts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching, advising and mentoring students
- Conducting research in the ﬁeld of specialization for publication and funding
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the department chair
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related fields is required.
- Current research areas including network security, information security, mobile computing, data science, and software engineering/security.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can assist in further developing Information Technology Program, and the Master of Science in Information System and Security Management in new focus areas, such as, CyberSecurity, Data Science, and online course development.
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reﬂect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Oﬃce of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies o unoﬃcial transcripts (oﬃcial transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualiﬁcations and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to ﬁll the position in the even budgetary or operational constraints.
Attn: OHR Employment/Recruitment
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] | Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility veriﬁcation on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.